Please check the Annual Meeting Mobile App
for the most up-to-date information.
Connect with periodontal colleagues in San Diego, California, for the 102nd
Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Periodontology in collaboration with the Japanese Society of Periodontology (JSP) and Japanese Academy of Clinical Periodontology (JACP), September 10-13, 2016.
The AAP has appointed Experient
as its official housing and registration company. You must register for the meeting to secure housing.
Credentials will not be mailed; please bring a valid form of I.D.
to obtain your credentials at the meeting. Registration badges must be worn at all times during the Annual Meeting. There will be a $50 replacement fee for lost badges.
Registration for the American Academy of Periodontology’s 102nd Annual Meeting in San Diego, California will remain available online throughout the dates of the meeting. You may continue to register using the official website
and pick up your credentials at the registration counters located in Exhibition Hall A of the San Diego Convention Center.
Friday, Sept. 9
|| 3-5 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 10
||7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 11
|| 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 12
|| 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 13
|| 7 a.m.-2 p.m.
Individual and group registration is available for international attendees
Annual Meeting Location
- General meeting registration includes continuing education (CE) courses, admission to corporate forums and exhibits. Workshops, symposia and special events may require additional fees. See the Advance Program for more detail.
- Utilize one method of registration to avoid duplicate records.
- All attendees must register in the appropriate category (e.g., Active Member, Non-Member Dentist), especially if CE credits are being claimed.
- Include your AAP member number when registering, if applicable. If you have a four-digit member number, please add two zeros before it when completing your form or booking online.
- Complete the required emergency contact information section.
- Accepted forms of payment include: Visa, MasterCard, American Express or checks drawn on a US bank in US dollars made payable to the American Academy of Periodontology (checks are only accepted with mailed forms).
- Discover, Euro cards, purchase orders, and wire transfers are not acceptable forms of payment.
- Spouses are unable to attend CE courses, but may attend the Corporate Forum and Exhibit Hall, which are included in the spouse/guest registration fee. Registered attendees who wish to bring a spouse/guest to a ticketed event will need to purchase an additional ticket.
- Have a state- or government-issued photo ID on hand at registration. This is necessary to claim your credentials at the registration area. No credentials will be mailed in advance. All credentials will need to be picked up at the meeting.
- There is a $50 replacement fee for any lost name badges.
Most events—including the exhibition—will take place at the San Diego Convention Center. Other events will take place at the San Diego Marriott Marquis Hotel. Please refer to the Schedule of Events
or Advance Program
for exact event locations.
Please contact the individual hotels directly for new reservations, changes or cancellations, beginning August 26, 2016. Please refer to your confirmation for individual hotel cancel policies. Cancellations made after the cancellation deadline will result in forfeiture of the entire room deposit. Please note that hotel refunds are issued 30 - 90 business days after the last day of the Annual Meeting. Hotel numbers are listed below.
AAP Registration Refund Policy
|| Marriott San Diego Hotel & Marina
Manchester Grand Hyatt
Omni San Diego
|+1 (619) 230-8380
+1 (619) 232-1234
+1 (619) 231-6664
Refunds will be granted to registrants who submitted written registration cancellation refund requests by August 15, 2016, less the $75 administrative fee based on handling costs (email@example.com). Allow at least 7-14 business days for your refund to be processed once approved. Requests for refunds will not be accepted in any form after August 15, 2016. The applicable rate is determined by the date the request is received by Experient (allow at least 7-14 business days for your refund to be processed once approved).
Gant Travel Management, the Academy’s official travel partner, is available to assist with your air travel needs for the 2016 Annual Meeting. Call the Gant Travel Desk toll-free at +1 (800) 255-8664 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. CT, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. A service fee of $25 applies for agent assistance.
Book directly with United Airlines and save with special discounts off applicable fares exclusive to attendees and guests (terms and conditions apply). Use discount code ZVQR293079. If you plan to use frequent flyer miles, make your reservation early with your preferred carrier, as seats are limited. Discount applies for travel to the Annual Meeting only. United Airline discounts are available for travel September 10-13, 2016. United Airlines discount will automatically be applied when booking through Gant.
The AAP has arranged for airport shuttle discounts with Super Shuttle. This discount is good between the San Diego airport and all three AAP hotels, as well as between the airport and the San Diego Convention Center.
To make reservations, visit the Super Shuttle website
or call +1 (800) blue-van and use code Y37EC
to also receive the discount. You can also book sedans for meet-and-greet service at the rate of $49 (not including driver gratuity). SUV rate for meet and greet is $69 (not including driver gratuity).
Special car rental rates are available for this meeting by contacting Hertz directly and referring to the discount code CV#020V0014. This is applicable for advance reservations only.
Phone: +1 (800) 654-2240
Frequently asked questions
If you have questions concerning the Annual Meeting please contact AAP
Phone: +1 (312) 787-5518